Recipe by Rita Rosenlieb, Featured On Tuesdays With Thomas on 4/6/21
Facebook: A Healthy Life
- 6-7 pitted dates, soaked in 1/2 cup of plant based milk and set aside during prep
- 1 cup rolled oats, blended in a food processor until a course flour-like consistency (oat flour)
- 1 cup rolled oats, whole
- 1 T. Vanilla
- 1-2 tsp. Sunrise Grapefruit Balsamic
- 1-2 tsp drops of orange flavoring (optional: substitute 6-7 drops of orange extract, food grade essential oils, or a splash of orange juice)
- (optional): 1 T. date syrup to sweeten
- 3 T. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Prepare oat flour in the food processor as above, then add remaining ingredients EXCEPT the dates the whole rolled oats and the poppy seeds and process until smooth. Add the dates and oat milk, then process until the dates are chopped and evenly mixed.
- Pour mixture into a bowl. fold in rolled oats and poppy seeds. If a little dry, add more plant based milk.
- place onto a sheet of parchment paper. Shape into a log around 12-14 inches long, flatten to about 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Cut into 4 inch squares, then cut those squares into a scone-shaped triangle. Optionally, slice into 1 inch bars instead.
- Transfer onto silicone lined baking sheet. place baking sheet into freezer for 15 minutes, pre-heating to 350 degrees while the scones chill.
- bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick. Transfer finished scones onto a cooling rack.
- Enjoy! When serving, drizzle with organic date syrup and sprinkle with poppy seeds.