Recipe by : Eileen Mierski
Featured on Tuesdays with Thomas on 7-5-22
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, approximately 7 ounces each
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 large mango
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Premium Classic Dark Balsamic
- Optional- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, to soften. Dice into approximately 3/4 inch cubes. Roast at 375 degree for 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are caramelized and golden brown. Turn each piece over and roast an additional 10 minutes
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, chop the mango, red peppers, scallions and cilantro. Drain and rinse the black beans. Use hot water if you want to warm the beans.
- Mix the sweet potato cubes, beans, mango, scallions, red pepper and cilantro(optional) together in a big serving bowl.
- Drizzle the Premium Classic Dark Balsamic over the top and enjoy!
- If you are looking for a vegan SOS-free dish that is healthy, delicious, versatile and made with commonly available ingredients, this is the recipe for you! It can be served as a main dish or as a side; it is tasty warm or cold.
- Feel free to use frozen mango, about a cup, instead of fresh. Allow to thaw to room temperature while the sweet potatoes are roasting.
- I found that the best caramelization of the sweet potato occurred when roasted directly on an aluminum 1/2 sheet pan, coated with a thin spray of olive oil, but parchment paper or a silicon pad would work also.
- The sweet potatoes can also be baked whole, then peeled and cubed after cooking. This works well if you are doubling the recipe or doing batch cooking.