Recipe by: Susan V.
Featured on Chef AJ’s Show on 4-18-23
- 1 lb of carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of Ginger Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon of date syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced carrots with a little bit water to wet them (adding pepper if desired). Transfer the carrots to the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned. (NOTE: can instead air fry the carrots following your air fryer directions)
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the ginger balsamic glaze. In a small saucepan, whisk together Ginger Balsamic, date syrup, minced garlic, grated ginger, and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Remove the roasted carrots from the oven and transfer them to a large bowl. Pour the ginger balsamic glaze over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Garnish the glazed carrots with chopped parsley and serve hot as a side dish.