Recipe by: Susan V.
Featured on Chef AJ’s Show on 4-18-23
- 1 1/2 cup of Almond flour
- 1/4 cup of Date Powder
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of Ginger Balsamic
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Using a 9-inch non-stick or silicone cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, date powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the mixture on low speed until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the shortcake is baking, prepare the ginger balsamic strawberries. In a small bowl, toss sliced strawberries with Ginger Balsamic until they are well coated.
- Once the shortcake is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then, remove the shortcake from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice the shortcake in half horizontally using a serrated knife. Place the bottom half of the shortcake on a serving plate and spoon half of the ginger balsamic strawberries on top.
- Cover with the top half of the shortcake and spoon the remaining strawberries on top.