Recipe By: Joya Wesley, “The Easy Breezy Whole Foodie.” a minimalist writer, editor and tour manager who cured her own food addiction and longstanding obesity with the whole foods, plant-based lifestyle, which she creatively maintains on the road.
Link to her publications – Demo of the recipe here.
- 1 cooked potato
- 3 tbsp cooked beans
- 1 stalk raw celery
- 1/4 medium onion, raw
- 1 clove raw garlic, crushed
- 2 cups raw greens (any kind)
- 1 small raw tomato (or 1/4 cup soaked sun-dried tomatoes OR 2 tbsp tomato paste)
- 1-2 tsp mushroom powder
- 2-3 tbsp hemp seeds (hemp hearts OR raw sunflower seeds OR chia OR flaxseeds)
- 1-2 fresh or frozen berries
- 2 cups or less liquid (water OR sun-dried tomato soaking water OR potato cooking water OR low-sodium bean can liquid, etc.)
1. Add all ingredients to Nutribullet or other high-speed blender and blend 1-2 minutes until smooth.
2. Heat (in a pot, Instant Pot or microwave [if not using a VitaMix]).
3. Top with a swirl of California Balsamic and enjoy.