Recipe by: Susan Vierck
Featured on Chef AJ’s Show on 1-17-23
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5–6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 cans lite coconut milk
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons Spice Traders Curry Balsamic
- In a large non-stick sauce pan or pot, add onion and sauté until softened. Add a small amount of water to prevent sticking.
- Add in ginger, garlic, tomato paste, curry powder and Garam masala. Stir and sauté for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add in cauliflower and a splash of coconut milk and sauté an extra minute then add in chickpeas and remainder of coconut milk.
- Stir together and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add in diced mango and maple syrup if using.
- Stir and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until curry has thickened
- Serve with basmati rice and drizzle with Spice Traders Curry Balsamic over the top of rice and coconut curry.