Recipe by: Eileen M.
- 4 ears of corn on the cob
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- 1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 10 fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Dressing: 3 T. Crisp Cucumber Balsamic or more to taste
- Cook ears of corn in boiling water. Cut kernels off the cob, place in a medium sized bowl and put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients
- Once corn is cool, drizzle in the Crisp Cucumber Balsamic stir to mix
- Add remaining ingredients, toss and enjoy!
- To make the basil ribbons, stack 5 leaves, roll tightly from bottom to top and slice thinly from side to side. Repeat with the next 5 leaves.
- Any type of cucumber would work- about 3/4 cup, chopped. If using a regular cucumber, peel if waxy and remove seeds if they are large.
- Feel free to substitute:
- Fresh Basil Balsamic, for the Crisp Cucumber Balsamic.
- Frozen or canned sweet corn, about 2 cups. Fire roasted would be good.
- Parsley, cilantro or mint, for the basil.
“This refreshing salad is especially delicious when corn, cucumbers, tomatoes and basil are all in season! It is a great as a side dish for picnics and pot lucks. It can serve a salsa if the tomatoes and cucumbers are chopped into tiny pieces. For a main dish-serve on a bed of greens or whole grains and optionally add edamame or chickpeas for a protein boost.”