Recipe by: Jennifer Kellogg. Featured on Tuesdays with Thomas on 9/1/20
- 1/2 cup corn
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup dried polenta
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Smoked Hickory Balsamic
- 1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz broccoli Florets
- 2 Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- To Prepare Polenta: In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Once water is boiling, turn off heat and whisk in dry polenta, stirring vigorously to avoid lumps. Once thick, stir in the milk. Stir in nutritional yeast, pepper and/or garlic powder to taste. Stir in corn. Cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, whisk together 1/4 cup water, Worcestershire sauce, Smoked Hickory Balsamic and liquid smoke.
- Add Mushrooms and cook over medium heat heat, stirring regularly until mushrooms are tender and caramelized.
- Divide Polenta into two bowls.
- Top with steamed broccoli and mushrooms
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce and serve