Ingredients: (Makes 24 bites)
- 1C shredded carrots
- 1C old fashioned oatmeal
- 6 medjool dates, pitted or you may use 1 frozen ripe banana in place of dates
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp turmeric
- 1/4tsp ginger
- 1/2C unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds or hemp seeds(optional coating)
- 2-4tbsp Coconut balsamic (optional coating, as a glaze)
- Add all the ingredients, except the coconut to a food processor and process for a couple of minutes or until the mixture is well combined. Taste to make sure the mixture is sweet enough for you. Just add an extra date or two if you prefer it sweeter.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll it into balls. You can roll the balls in the Coconut Balsamic, shredded coconut, chia seeds or hemp seeds or just skip this step if desired.
- Serve them right away or chill for 30 minutes before serving. Store the bites in the refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Perfect little flavor bombs to pack in your snack bag when hitting the hiking trail!