Recipe By: Florian H.
Featured on Chef AJ’s show on 10-14-22
- 1 cup fresh parsley, pressed down
- 1 cup fresh basil, pressed down
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly cut
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 – 2 tbsp. Gilroy Garlic Balsamic
- 2 tbsp. water
- ⅛ tsp. fresh pepper
- In food processor, pulse washed basil/parsley and walnuts.
- Add garlic, pulse.
- Add nutritional yeast, pulse. Scrape sides often.
- Slowly add Gilroy Garlic while pulsing.
- Add pepper and while pulsing, slowly add enough water to reach desired consistency.
- Serving suggestion: spread on toast with a slice of tomato, wedges of avocado and a drizzle of Gilroy Garlic Balsamic vinegar. Enjoy.
This is delicious used in place of mayo on toasted tomato sandwiches; as a base for canapes; or excellent with any rice pasta. If you use it with pasta, make sure the pasta is hot when you add the cool pesto as the nutrition in basil and parsley is altered when reheated on the stove. I kept enough out for the next couple days and froze the rest in mini muffin cups. I’m cooking for one. If cooking for a small family, there won’t be any left to freeze. If you prefer, you can use only basil for this recipe but I like the taste of the combination.