Recipe By: Susan V.
Featured on Chef AJ’s show on 10-14-22
- Tofu ingredients:
- 1 block extra firm tofu – pressed and cubed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (optional: substitute liquid aminos)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- pinch salt and pepper
- Gilroy Garlic tahini sauce ingredients:
- 2 Tbsps. Gilroy Garlic Balsamic
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional: substitute agave syrup)
- 1 tsp stone ground Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp water
- pinch black pepper
- Add tofu to a bowl and toss with remaining tofu ingredients until fully coated, adding in arrowroot powder 1/2 Tbsp at a time.
- Add tofu to air fryer in an even layer. Air fry at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, shaking once halfway through.
- Make your garlic tahini sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve tofu with garlic tahini sauce for dipping.
- Optional: coat tofu with garlic sauce and serve with basmati rice and steamed broccoli.