Recipe by: Diane Garber of willpoweryourday.com – PCRM Food-for-Life Trainer
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup ground rolled oats/gf oats if desired
- 1/2 orange
- Scant 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder or carob powder
- 3 Tablespoons Orange Juice concentrate
- Separated: 1+ tbsp. Chocolate Orange Balsamic
- Optional: Vegan chocolate chips
- Grind/liquify the rolled oats and water in a blender. Now, over a mesh strainer, pour the mixture into a large saucepan. If you like, the remaining oats can be saved/added to your oatmeal, or feel free to add it to the mixture if you don’t mind a delicious hot chocolate with a few oaty bits.
- Use a medium heat, add in cocoa powder (carob powder), and the juice of 1/2 an orange. (If desired, use a microplane to either add the rind to the mixture, or save the rind for later use. It’s much easier to remove the rind BEFORE squeezing out the juice.) Continue to stir the mixture as it thickens – this takes a few minutes.
- When the Hot Chocolate is hot and smooth enough, pour 1 cup portions into 3 cups. Add in 1 overflowing teaspoon of California Balsamic Chocolate Orange Vinegar to each cup. For an especially chocolatey-sweet drink, add in vegan chocolate chips, stir well to melt the chips.