Recipe by: Eileen M.
Featured on Tuesdays with Thomas on 5/3/22
- Two medium sweet potatoes, approximately 7 ounces, or 200 grams each.
- One (5 ounce package) of Spring mix
- One cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 3 to 4 T. Premium White Balsamic
- Optional- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Peel the sweet potato and cook in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, to soften. Dice into approximately 1/2 inch cubes. Roast at 375 degree for 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are caramelized and golden brown. Turn each piece over and roast an additional 10 minutes
- Optional – toast raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds until golden brown, about 10 minutes, at the same time that the sweet potatoes are roasting.
- Place the greens into a large bowl and toss with 3T. Premium White Balsamic. Each piece should be lightly coated, so add an additional as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and enjoy.
This recipe is vegan and sos free when the sweet potatoes are roasted on parchment paper or a silicon pad, the dried cranberries are sweetened with fruit juice and raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds are used.
I found that the best caramelization of the sweet potato occurred when roasted directly on an aluminum 1/2 sheet pan, coated with a thin spray of olive oil, but parchment paper or a silicon pad would work also. I used a Nordic Wear Natural Aluminum half sheet cookie pan that I purchased at Walmart for only $10.98.