Recipe by Rita Rosenlieb
Facebook: A Healthy Life
- 2 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 1 banana, very ripe
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. Chocolate Orange Balsamic
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Soak dates in plant based milk, and set aside.
- In a food processor:
- Pulse 1 cup rolled oats into a course-like flour texture.
- Add ingredients 2-8, pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- pour mixture into a bowl, stir in walnuts and 1 1/2 cups whole rolled oats until evenly mixed.
- Drop into mini cupcake or brownie bite size pans (silicone is best-no oil needed). Top each mini muffin with half a walnut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min, check for doneness with a toothpick coming out clean. If you make muffin size, they will need to bake longer.
- Let them sit a few minutes until cool, they come out of the silicone better.
- Enjoy this delicious, healthy, vegan, sos free, tasty treat!!! Optional: drizzle with Chocolate Orange Balsamic while serving.