Recipe by: Ethel Klimes.
Featured on Tuesdays with Thomas on 10/13/20
- 1 Package Farro (12-14oz), prepared according to package (I like to substitute sodium-free vegetable broth for half of the water)
- 1 Medium Kabocha Squash, peeled and roasted (see below)
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds (optional: substitute sunflower seeds or pine nuts)
- 1 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 cups Kale (optional: substitute baby spinach and butter leaf lettuce)
- 1/4 cup Pear Balsamic (optional: substitute Premium White Balsamic)
- To Prepare Kabocha Squash:
- place into boiling water for 3 minutes per side to poach skin (optional: instead microwave for 4 minutes with venting holes).
- Use a sharp knife to cut the stem off, then carefully cut the softened skin off (be careful, if having difficulty with this then poach again)
- Cut in half and remove seeds, then cut in half again and slice those quarters into 3/4 inch slices
- bake on a nonstick backing pan at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins until tender, let cool
- To prepare dish: Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Optional: Drizzle with balsamic before serving