Recipe by Rita Rosenlieb
Facebook: A Healthy Life
- 1 cup Oats, ground in food processor to a course flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 7 Dates, pitted
- 2 cups apples, chopped
- 1 cup pear, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional: substitute nuts of your choice)
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice from Nick at Local Spicery
- 1 tsp. Sweet Apple Pie Balsamic
- 1 tbsp. Pear Balsamic
- In a bowl combine apples, pears, and pear balsamic. Set aside.
- In a blender add 1/2 cup water, dates, apple pie balsamic, and a teaspoon of pear balsamic. after blending, transfer to mixing bowl.
- add oat flour and pumpkin pie spice to the mixing bowl, add rolled oats. stir well and press into cake pan (8-9in round pan was used). Top with apple and pear mixture.
- bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 mins. Remove and top with pecans.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 mins, until apples are slightly crisp. Enjoy! Optional: Drizzle with balsamic after plating each serving.