Recipe by : Maureen Kilgore, featured on Tuesdays with Thomas on 9/7/21
- 1 large or 2 small onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 15 oz. can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (any white bean will do, but cannellini has the most neutral flavor and creamy texture)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Balsamic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Simply Lemon Balsamic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth, salt-free
- 1 tablespoon Benson’s Table Tasty
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sauté onions in a little vegetable broth until translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a blender, then add sautéed onion and garlic. Blend until creamy, adding a bit more broth, if needed, to give it to your desired consistency.
- Serve over zoodles or whole-grain pasta with steamed broccoli and/or asparagus.
- Note: Can also be used as a dip with raw vegetables, homemade corn or potato chips, or as a sandwich spread. It’s very versatile!