Recipe by: Daniel Ware
Full text of the recipe by Daniel and his mother Hope here:
- 3/4 cup sugar free applesauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Sweet Apple Pie Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp water or apple juice (Omit if making dip or you want an extra thick dressing)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2-1 tsp. cinnamon (add less for a more subtle cinnamon flavor)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- For Dip:
- Add all ingredients except maple syrup and water to a Ninja or other high-speed blender. Blend briefly. Remove from base and stir in maple syrup a little at a time. Taste test as you go until you arrive at the perfect sweetness for you.
- Place mixture in a bowl and serve with sliced apples or other fresh fruit. Yield: 1 1/2 cups.
- For Dressing:
- Add all ingredients except maple syrup to a Ninja or other high-speed blender. Blend briefly. Remove from base when creamy. Stir in maple syrup a little at a time. Taste test as you go until you arrive at the perfect sweetness for you.
- Note: Sweet Apple Pie Balsamic already has some maple syrup added. So, if you don’t want the final dressing super sweet, you won’t want to add both tablespoons of maple syrup. We added 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and it was plenty sweet for us.