Recipe by: Lori “The Clean Veganista”
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2-3 large Portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Hickory Balsamic (optional: substitute Gilroy Garlic Balsamic)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Optional toppings:
- Cashew sour cream*
- Diced mango
- Diced red onion
- Shredded cashew mozzarella*
- Fresh cilantro
- Diced tomato
- Diced red bell pepper
- Fresh or pickled jalapeños
- Your fave hot sauce… my fave is Green Belly
- Add all ingredients to large skillet & toss to combine; cook over medium-high heat until mushrooms are soft and have reduced in size by about half.
- While the mushrooms cook, toast tortillas over medium heat in a flat pan or skillet until they begin to brown; flip and repeat on the other side.
- Assemble the carnitas by layering the ingredients in any order you choose. I like to spread a thin layer of sour cream on the tortilla followed by the mushrooms and then the toppings.
*Note: I prefer homemade cashew sour cream and mozzarella but store-bought works too