Recipe By: Sherry Sorbera
Featured on Tuesdays with Thomas on 11/20/21
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups unsalted veggie broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Benson’s Table Tasty
- ½ cup Sweet Heat Balsamic
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced fire roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) unsalted whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 10 brown Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- juice from 2 limes (2 tablespoons)
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Rinse the millet and soak for 8 hours or overnight in several inches of water. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Heat a 4 quart Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. When hot, add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic, and stir occasionally, for 7 minutes. Pour in the veggie broth and water.
- Add the soaked millet, cumin, chili powder, paprika, Benson’s Table Tasty, and the Sweet Heat Balsamic. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the diced fire roasted tomatoes and the corn.
- Add the broccoli florets and the mushrooms. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the black pepper and lime juice. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve hot and garnish each bowl with a scattering of chopped fresh cilantro.