Recipe by: Karen Less
Featured on Chef AJ’s Show on 2-21-23
- 4 oz Butler Soy Curls (or substitute 4 oz firm tofu)
- 1/2 cup, divided, Mandarin Orange Balsamic
- 1 TBSP Teriyaki Balsamic
- 2 TBSP low sodium tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch or other thickener
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms or your favorite mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag Asian vegetable blend (I used Birdseye Steamfresh Broccoli Blend)
- 3 cups shredded cruciferous veggies or greens of choice (I used Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch)
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned (or a can of mandarin oranges, drained)
- Place Soy Curls in bowl with 1/4 cup Mandarin Orange Balsamic and 1/2 cup water to rehydrate for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1/4 cup Mandarin Orange Balsamic, Teriyaki Balsamic, tamari, spices, and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 12 inch skillet or wok, then cook mushrooms for about 2 minutes. Add Soy Curls and any remaining broth and Asian vegetable blend. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes. Add cruciferous veggies or greens and allow to soften. Then add the cornstarch mixture, stirring to coat Soy Curls and veggies. Stir in mandarin orange sections and allow mixture to heat through.
- Serve over rice or your favorite grain. Enjoy!