Recipe by: Brenda Pachel, featured on Chef AJ Live on 11/21/23
- 2 (14.5 Oz) cans pumpkin purée
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.0 Oz) can light coconut milk
- 2 (14.5 Oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbls Blazin Habanero Balsamic
- 1 Tbls Sweet Apple Pie Balsamic
- 1 Tbls honey, or sweetener of choice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large jalapeños, seeded & diced
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tbls curry powder
- 1 Tbls Garam Masala
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 small honey nut squash, peeled, seeded and 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice balsamic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a parchment lined baking sheet place the squash cubes and sprinkle them with the pumpkin spice balsamic. Stir to coat. Bake 22 to 30 minutes , or until tender and slightly browned.
- In a Dutch oven add onions and jalapeños. Sauté over medium heat until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients to onions, except for the coconut milk and squash cubes. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and squash cubes. Let simmer briefly just to warm the squash.
- This soup freezes nicely.