Recipe by Rita Rosenlieb.
Facebook: A Healthy Life
Featured on Tuesdays with Thomas on 11/3/20
- 1 butternut squash, approximately 2lbs
- 1 onion, chunked
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup carrots, chunked
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp. Ruby Red Onion Balsamic
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin Spice Balsamic
- 1 tsp. Persian Lime Pepper from nick at localspicery.com
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice from Nick at localspicery.com
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Stem butternut squash, seed it, and cut into large chunks leaving the skin on.
- In an instant Pot combine all the ingredients with 6 cups water and stir well. Pressure cook on medium setting for 40 mins, then manual release
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth (optional: cool and blend with a traditional blender)
- Enjoy! Optionally, garnish bowls with a dash of pumpkin spice before serving.