Recipe by: Thomas Allen and Ethel Klimes
Featured on Tuesdays with Thomas 3/8/22
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 red pepper – chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms – chopped
- 1 carrot – shredded
- 2 – 3 leaves cabbage – small strips
- 4 – 6 whole cabbage leaves – for wrapping (Chinese cabbage is also wonderful for this)
- 4 TBL 7-Herb Italian Balsamic
- 2 TBL Ruby Red Onion Balsamic (optional: use any combination of savory California Balsamic flavors)
- ½ cup water
- 7 ounces Jackfruit (we use Edward & Sons Box version)
- Sauté onion, red pepper, carrots with 2 TBL 7-Herb Italian and a small amount of water (add more as needed) about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add mushrooms and Jack Fruit cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Add cabbage and 2 TBL 7-Herb Italian and 2 TBL Ruby Red Onion. Cook 2 – 3 minutes until cabbage is tender.
- Wrap filling in the cabbage leaves and enjoy.