Recipe by: Eileen Mierski
Featured on Chef AJ’s Show on 2-21-23
- Tofu- 14 to 16 ounce container
- 5 tablespoons Mandarin Orange Balsamic (optional: substitute Teriyaki Balsamic)
- 2 to 3 cups cooked rice
- Optional- Garnish with scallions, broccoli, mandarin orange segments and/or sesame seeds to taste.
- Store the entire carton of tofu in the freezer. Several hours before making this dish, take the tofu out to thaw by putting the still unopened container in a big bowl of warm water.
- When thawed, remove tofu from the container and give it a squeeze over a sink. The water will drain readily and you will notice a dry texture with sponge like holes. (My 14 ounce block of extra firm released 1/4 cup of liquid.)
- Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes and optionally, squeeze again.
- Place in a medium sized bowl, and add 2 tablespoons of Mandarin Orange Balsamic. The tofu will absorb this marinate like a sponge.
- Bake at 375 degree for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of Mandarin Orange Balsamic. Serve with rice and optional garnishes.